Commentary: Make the Better Choice

I consider myself a fairly savvy consumer when it comes to choosing the best meals for my family. The overall wellbeing of our skin depends on what's happening within our bodies. Therefore, I spend a great deal of time seeking out healthy food options as well as learning about ways to effectively manage stress. And though, nine times out of ten I succeed in making better choices, there are moments when I, too, slip up.

WebMD recently posted an essay entitled, "Food Mistakes That Can Get In The Way of Healthy Eating" by Elaine Magee. In it, Magee lists five "common nutrition blunders" that I for one have made. Take a minute to read the full article. This is information that you should know.

Five Healthy Eating Mistakes:
1: Buying Fresh Produce for the Entire Week
2: Buying Too Much Processed Food
3: Eating Out or Ordering Takeout More Often Than Not
4: Not Taking Advantage of Food Synergy
(i.e. Peeling apples robs us of nutrients only found in the skin.)
5: Avoiding High-Fat Plant Foods
(i.e. avocados, olives, and nuts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like ...